Watercolor Basics 1.0
(Online)Regular price $95.00
DATE: INSTANT ACCESS, ONLINE VIDEO COURSE
TIME: Three Modules Containing Video Lessons
LEVEL: Beginner to Intermediate
AGE GROUP: Adult, Youth (ages 15–17)
Are you new to watercolor? Or have you been dabbling, but have a lot of questions? This is the perfect series for you! In these video modules, you’ll learn the basics, like how to choose and stretch paper, find the right brush, and how to use different values to paint light and shadow. You’ll also learn about wet-in-wet washes, layering and painting details. Build on what you learn as you go, and enjoy creating watercolor paintings with knowledge, understanding and confidence. This is the first of a three-part series, with Watercolor Basics 2.0 and 3.0 coming soon.
- Watercolor Paints (in-depth color recommendations provided upon registration)
- Brushes (1-inch wash brush or flat brush, a no. 16 or 18 round brush, a no. 10 round brush, a no. 1 round brush, and a no. 4 flat brush)
Paper: One or Two Arches 22”x30” sheets, cold press (OR) a 9x12” watercolor block, if you don’t want to have to tear and stretch paper. Also, be sure to have some scratch paper on hand.Optional: If you want to get this watercolor journal, it would give you a place to keep your color charts and exercises all in one place: 9x12 Strathmore Visual Journal with 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper
- A drawing board for stretching paper, at least 12”x16”. This could be Gatorboard, a wooden or pressboard drawing board…even a flat piece of cardboard will work.
- A bottle of Masking Fluid
- Full supply details will be provided upon registration
After registration, course details are available via the Northwind Art School learning portal, including Zoom links for online courses. A stable internet connection provides the best experience. Learn more
Northwind Art members at the Supporter Level and beyond get 10% off most courses! Get a membership today.
Don's Pharmacy and Quimper Mercantile offer 10% discount for Northwind Art School students.